A 40 mile mixed terrain ultra marathon run on the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path, closed access MOD land and National Trust trails
This event will return in 2024
Out of stock
An incredibly scenic mixed terrain 40 mile ultra marathon in Pembrokeshire, West Wales.
- Exclusive access to run through 'Range West' on MOD land, normally inaccessible to the public. You'll pass along a stunning rugged cliffside coastal path, sea stacks and run across two stunning beaches.
- Mixed terrain trails including woodland, industrial underpasses, farm tracks, sandy beaches and flowing coastal path
- 6 x aid stations:
- 7 miles - Water only
- 15 miles - Water, fruit, gels
- 21 miles - Water only
- 26 miles - Water, fruit, gels
- 31 miles - Water only
- 35 miles - Water, fruit, gels
- A stunning finishers medal
- A circular route, starting and finishing by your car
This route has been designed to include as much variety as possible in a truly beautiful part of Wales.
Generous cut-off times allow for an average pace of 15 minute miles.
As the route enters restricted access MOD land, we will not be releasing the route publicly. A GPX of the route will be emailed to all entrants prior to the event to aid their navigation during the event.
We will be marking the route where navigation could be tricky and supplying a route map at the start, but we strongly advise that you use the GPX file to help you navigate. The route will not be fully marked.
The route is based around the Castlemartin area of Pembrokeshire and will include approximately 30 miles of Pembrokeshire Coastal path, 4 miles of road and 6 miles of other trails, beaches and woodland.
All entrants must be 18 or over.
Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to recce the route along the Range West without permission from the MOD. It is a live firing range!